Albums Of 2021: The Prelude



Greetings, fellow machines! This is DalekTurret32, and we will be looking at my favourite albums of 2021 but first I would like to say this.

Usually, I would do a Top 50 albums of the year with added elaboration, but for this year, I'll be doing something different.

Trying to come up with new sentences on why I like this album and what made it eye-catching for me for 50 albums is tiring for me, so instead, I'll be reducing the elaboration part to 25 albums so that I could get 2021 out of the way easier. There were a couple of albums on my 'to listen to' list that I would have loved to check out before getting to the albums list, but I listened to at least 150 albums from that year and I thought to myself "That's enough!".

As for numbers 50 to 26, I will be embedding my AlbumOfTheYear reviews for these picks but also adding some comments on any extra thoughts, corrections and changes in my favourite tracks if necessary. Just going to try out this experiment to see if it works (Hopefully, it will!)

So without further ado, let's start this abridged part of the countdown


Honourable mentions:

  • When You See Yourself by Kings Of Leon
  • Seventeen Going Under by Sam Fender
  • Head Above The Waters by DijahSB
  • Promises by Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders and London Symphony Orchestra
  • Great Spans Of Muddy Time by William Doyle
  • What We Call Life by Jordan Rakei
  • If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power by Halsey
  • The Locket by Mr. Jukes and Barney Artist
  • 9 by Pond
  • Bo Jackson by Boldy James and The Alchemist
  • Music Of The Spheres by Coldplay
  • Sympathy For Life by Parquet Courts
  • Pink Noise by Laura Mvula
  • Surrounded By Time by Tom Jones
  • DEACON by Serpentwithfeet






























The SAULT album is no longer on Spotify, but you can listen to it on YouTube or buy a physical copy somewhere online. 
On my review of SHYGA, I brought up Oh Sees as an example of the admirable Australian music of recent times. I double checked and it turns out that Oh Sees are from California. 
I don’t think my orders of fave tracks have changed that much, though for Spare Ribs, “Mork N Mindy” is now my favourite, then “Shortcummings”, then “Nudge It”. For Man Made, “Jimtastic Blues” is replaced with “Kali v2”.


Top 25 Albums Of 2021 will come out sometime this month, or maybe next month. We'll see!

Comments

  1. Only just found out that TAPE 2/FOMALHAUT is categorised as a mixtape. Either I take it off and make the Kings Of Leon the #50 spot or I'll start allowing mixtapes into my annual Albums countdowns. We'll see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If mixtapes were allowed on this list, then Sad Night Dynamite would have been at #31

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts